Beauty and skin products have always been on my priority list. I remember getting my first Optimum points card at the Pharmaprix, one of Montreal’s drug store at the age of 12. Since then I have always had a secret obsession with skincare products and makeup. At an early age I knew that my skin was super sensitive, so I tried not experiment too much. I started off with Aveeno because it was super mild and ideal for sensitive skin and now I am using mostly, if not only, Clinique products.
Amongst my sisters I am the “go-to” person for which face wash, makeup and lipsticks to get. When I got my first part-time job, it was nothing but saving and then spending at Pharmaprix. My very first experiments were done with Lise Watier’s makeup products, then I jumped onto MAC and now well, like many of us, I am in love with Sephora.
I love Sephora because they can find specific products and brands according to your type of skin and their products are just amazingly fabulous. Clinique won my heart because of how specific their products are: they pretty much have products matching every skin type and still giving a 3-step plan.
Now let me share with you my Top 5 beauty and skin products:
- First things first: The Cleanser. Clinique cleansers, toner and face lotions are the products that I use every day, day and night. I use the mild foam cleanser: a gel to foam activate with water. It does not have a strong scent and it deep cleanses your skin; I even use it as a makeup remover. To find out more about the product click here.
- The Toner: I use the Clinique Toner in number 4, the purple solution. What I love about Clinique is they have regime and products based on your skin type whether you have normal to dry, or just simply oily. I like to say I have combination skin type because my T zone is oily and my cheeks and around the mouth area dry. Toner is important because sometimes washing just doesn’t do the entire trick, so toner removes all the traces of dirt and oil that was a bit more stubborn. To find out more about the toner click here
- Moisturizer: Also, from Clinique I use their face moisturizers. They have two types of face lotions; the gel formula and the dramatically different formula. I use the gel formula in the summer because my skin is already naturally oily, and I use the Dramatically different formula in the winter when its colder and dryer. To find out more click here
- Exfoliant/Masks: If you follow me on Instagram, then you’ve seen me share my love for the glam glow line of masks. I have tried all of them and a great way to do so is at Sephora as they have the sample sizes of all the masks. That gives you an opportunity to try them all and see what works for your skin type. I use the green jar, which is the power mud; it is a dual cleanse mud to oil formula. This mud mask is LIFE!! I absolutely love it, love the way my skin feels after using it. Just. Love. It. To find out more click here
- Make up Remover: I use the Clinique Take the day off. This is a balm formula that you rub on to take your makeup off. Its turns from balm to oil but girl when I tell you it works, IT WORKS. To find out more click here
Recently I discovered these face cloths called “Face it” by cloth in a box. Its perfect for us ladies who love our cleansing products and like to be cute while doing so. The cloths have these hand pockets that make if easy for you to clean your entire face, Its a gentle face cloth and can be used up to 100 times, hand wash in mild detergent and dry on tumble dry.
Well beautifuls, this is it for my beauty and skin products. I hope this helped.