“One Of the things I love the most is having smooth skin”
As we know our skin is our largest organ, so its only evident that we take care of it. Our Skin protects everything on the inside keeping healthy should be important.
Our skin three layers:
- The epidermis, the outermost layer of skin, provides a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone.
- The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands.
- The deeper subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis)which is made of fat and connective tissue.
I love using a Dry Brush right before I go into the shower to lift the dead skin and get rid of any excess oil. Here are 4 reason why you should add dry brushing at least once a week. Its is a simple and cost effective way to
- Reduces the appearance of cellulites– Not clinically proven but dry brushing does stimulate blood flow circulation. Dry Brushing clears pores, stimulates you turn over production of sebum, and helps you to have smoother glowy skin.
- Exfoliates your skin- Great way to quickly exfoliate if you don’t have much time to apply cream exfoliants, that take time to apply and wash off. Not to mention grains in the shower, don’t get me wrong I love shower exfoliators but I find dry brushing quicker and cleaner.
- Improves circulation- of the lymph which is the liquid that flow through our lymphatic system. It is apart of our circulatory, and immune system. (Read up more on it very interesting.)
- Relieving stress- Many of us maybe a little stressed and tensed with everything going on. Having your own at home spa like treatments can help you to relax and settle your mind.
How to use a Dry Brush
Start from the feet and brush with long strokes in an upward motion. Around my stomach and heart I like to move in a circular motion then upwards, then down the arms. I don’t think in my opinion there is a right or wrong way.
How to choose your dry brush
There are many different options of dry brushes you can choose from. Some people like dry brushes with the long handle because they’re able to reach their back properly others like ones with no handles. I chose the Merben dry brush from Le Brow Bar Which I love.
Happy Dry Brushing