About a year ago, I graduated from the wedding planners’ institute of Canada, and I have just now figured out what make us Certifies different from the others. Not only are we a part of an amazing alumni boards that is filled with an abundance of information but every year Tracy&Danielle host an annual conference where wedding professionals get together and do massive networking while helping each other out. The conference also involves guest speakers such as the Famous Wedding& Event planner, Colin Cowie and planner/motivational speaker, Mary Dann-MacNamee “why wouldn’t you want to be a part of www.wpic.ca “
Not only do they teach their students how to create their business based on passion, uniqueness and creativity, they also teach them how to respect themselves and their values. Regardless if you’re just getting into the industry or you’ve been around for 5 years, your worth is still important. They also provide us with a unique ethic guideline that I think any wedding professional can benefit from.
1. We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors unless we’re able to give to clients.
2. We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our client.
3. We uphold our ethics; we will not take or attempt to take clients from or discredit other vendors with gossip or slander.
4. Every client will receive a detailed contract for wedding day direction, destination or full wedding coordination services.
5. We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and coordinator at the commencement of service.
6. We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the wedding industry.
7. Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
8. We will make every effort to return calls and e-mails in a timely manner (within 48 hrs).
9. We always endeavour to benefit our clients and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
10. We cannot guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.
I’m sure glad to be a part of Wpic. Thanks Ladies!